Day-Date 40Oyster, 40 mm, Everose gold and diamonds
The Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40 in 18 ct Everose gold with a chocolate, diagonal-motif dial, diamond-set bezel and a President bracelet.
The Day-Date was the first watch to indicate the day of the week spelt out in full when it was first presented in 1956.
A sparkling symphony
Gem-setters, like sculptors, finely carve the precious metal to hand-shape the seat in which each gemstone will be perfectly lodged. With the art and craft of a jeweller, the stone is placed and meticulously aligned with the others, then firmly secured in its gold or platinum setting.
Besides the intrinsic quality of the stones, several other criteria contribute to the beauty of Rolex gem-setting: the precise alignment of the height of the gems, their orientation and position, the regularity, strength and proportions of the setting as well as the intricate finishing of the metalwork. A sparkling symphony to enhance the watch and enchant the wearer.
- Model Case
- Oyster, 40 mm, Everose gold and diamonds
- Oyster Architecture
- Monobloc middle case, screw-down case back and winding crown
- 40 mm
- 18 ct Everose gold
- Set with diamonds
- Winding Crown
- Screw-down, Twinlock double waterproofness system
- Scratch-resistant sapphire, Cyclops lens over the date
- Water Resistance
- Waterproof to 100 metres / 330 feet
- Perpetual, mechanical, self-winding
- 3255, Manufacture Rolex
- -2/+2 sec/day, after casing
- Centre hour, minute and seconds hands. Instantaneous day and date in apertures, unrestricted rapid-setting. Stop-seconds for precise time setting
- Paramagnetic blue Parachrom hairspring. High-performance Paraflex shock absorbers
- Bidirectional self-winding via Perpetual rotor
- Power reserve
- Approximately 70 hours
- President, semi-circular three-piece links
- Bracelet Material
- 18 ct Everose gold
- Concealed folding Crownclasp
- Chocolate, diagonal motif
- Superlative Chronometer (COSC + Rolex certification after casing)
How to Set your
Synonymous with excellence and reliability, Rolex watches are designed for everyday wear, and depending on the model, perfectly suited for a wide range of sports and other activities. Built to last, these timepieces are characterized by their distinctive and timeless aesthetics. The Oyster Perpetual Day-Date 40 is the ultimate watch of prestige. Learn more about this model and how to set the time, date and day by watching the video.